Sunday, November 7, 2010

Set Your Alarm, Darrin


“Sarah, Jennifer, Alan, Darrin,” Mr. Fin always called out names for roll call at 9:30, but Darrin was never present when he did. “Darrin?” he said again, “Darrin!” BOOM!!! The door slammed into the wall. Darrin looked at the ten dents on the wall behind the door. “Oops,” he said embarrassed. Mr. Fin was writing tardy on the attendance list, because Darrin was really late. “Sorry, I was rescuing a cat from a tree, and then I wrestled an alligator away from a hot dog stand. After that, I was crossing a street when a crazy cab driver almost ran over me. I didn’t know what to do so I ran away from it and school. After I realized I was going the wrong way, I ran back to my bus stop and figured out I missed the bus. I had to walk all the way to school, it’s far away.” He told Mr. Fin. “Really Darrin?” he asked. “Well, not really, you see,” Mr. Fin cut Darrin off, “What really happened?” “I forgot to set my alarm.” Darrin explained. “Silly Darrin,” the whole class exclaimed.     

No comments:

Post a Comment